[ltp] t41p: supsend with fglrx 3.11.1 finally works!

Niel Lambrechts linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:10:09 +0200

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 18:53, honey@gneek.com wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Hamie wrote:
>
> > >Great news: With the new ati fglrx driver (3.11.1) suspend to ram
> > >(apm) finally works!! Additionally Hibernation only takes a third of
> > >the time it used to before.
> > >
> > >Has anyone already tried supend (ACPI) with the new driver?
> >
> > Hardly worked at all for me.
>
> Experience echoed here.  On my T40 with Xorg drivers (from Fedora

and here.

I use swsusp on a R50P, running SuSE 9.1 with their latest kernel with
ACPI. After resuming  from suspend-to-disk, X freezes with a garbled
display if DRI is enabled. (as usual)

The fact that the card is a mobility/notebook type card (where you can
be expected to suspend), makes me extremely sour towards ATI. How many
generations of garbage do we have to go through before this will be
fixed?

-Niel