[ltp] Latest BIOS update on T41 running my fan faster

Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:00:02 -0400

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:53:56 -0400, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:41:20 +0200, Peter Fr=FChberger
> <peter.fruehberger@t-online.de> wrote:

> > > So the patch defenitely affects the fan action: I tested with Dynamic=
PM
> > > off off and the fan came on almost immedietely. Turning it on and
> > > starting this email and the fan went off!! Thanks Alex :)
> > >
> > > So the testing thus far (once again only using xengine and glxgears)
> > > gives me
> > >       DynamiPM on
> > >               best xengine 4398
> > >               best glxgears 1029
> > >       DynamicPM off
> > >               best xengine 7960
> > >               best glxgears 1069
> > >
> > > so yes, turning it off restore the full performance, while DRI doesn'=
> > > seem to be affected by it.
> > >
> > > graziano

> > I made some tests with my selfbuild modules for debian sources
> > 4.3.0.dfsg.1-6, too, here the results:
> > There is no difference for my Radeon Mobility 7500
> > enabled:
> > (**) RADEON(0): Option "DynamicPM" "true"
> > (II) RADEON(0): Dynamic Power Management Enabled
> > glxgears 1193.000 FPS (16 bit)
> > xengine  3019.8 FPS (16 bit)
> > glxgears 703.000 FPS (32 bit)
> > xengine 1545.1 FPS (32 bit)
> >
> > or
> > disabled:
> > (WW) RADEON(0): Option "DynamicPM" is not used
> > glxgears 1188.400 FPS
> > xengine 3019.8 FP
> > glxgears 721.800 FPS (32 bit)
> > xengine 1545.1 FPS (32 bit)
> >
> > over the weekend I do some accu testing
>=20
>=20
> Thanks for testing guys!  If I have some time this weekend, I'll try
> and get this committed to xorg.
>=20
> Alex
>=20

Just an FYI... I committed this to xorg last week.  The name of the
option has changed though.  It's now "DynamicClocks".  The new name
better reflects what the option actually does.

Alex