[ltp] Re: dual head DVI + LCD on T4x?

Juergen Stuber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:50:55 +0200

Hi,

I don't know if this helps for a T40+, but I uploaded the latest config
for my T30 to

http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/t30/XF86Config-4

It works with the XFree radeon drivers.

Basically you need two of each of the sections Device, Monitor and Screen,
where the device sections reference different outputs (Screen) on the card
or different cards (the PCI address is needed).  Then you put them both
in the ServerLayout section.

You can have different resolutions for the two screens, I used this one
for a talk where the projector had 800x600 and my LCD 1024x768,
it went very well.

Hope this helps

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/

Looking for jobs in Linux: kernel, USB, embedded systems
                           or other interesting technical computer work