[ltp] SuSE 9.1 on Thinkpad, cont'd.

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:33:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Eben King wrote:
> - the console video appears to be in800x600 or 640x480.  How can I change
>   it to the display's native 1024x768?

	On the boot menu, there's a row of stuff along the bottom of the
screen that you can use F-keys to change.  One of those is the console
resolution.  If you hit the right key (F2 maybe; should be labeled) it
pops up a little menu with the options and then you can use the arrow keys
to navigate and pick a resolution and then go on and pick the boot
configuration from the menu as normal.

	If you set up multiple profiles (for different network/printer/X
settings, etc.) you can pick a profile off that screen too -- it's pretty
nice for keeping separate settings for home and work, or whatever.

Aaron