[ltp] SuSE 9.1 on Thinkpad, cont'd.

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:30:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Eben King wrote:
> > Boot menu... on the SuSE DVD?  I don't know of a boot menu anywhere else.

> 	Don't you get a Grub menu when you boot the machine?

No, I use Lilo, not Grub.  Anything Grub changes should be available by
kernel commamd-line switches, as AFAIK that's the only way to affect the
kernel's behavior.  I just have to figure out what they are.

I just included "Support for frame-buffer devices" and buit in (not
modularized) "ATI Radeon display support"; the console is now blank
(except for the cursor) until a startup script loads a font.  More
fiddling is called for...

CAPRICORN:  The stars say you're an exciting and wonderful person...
but you know they're lying.  If I were you, I'd lock my doors and
windows and never never never never leave my house again.  -- Weird Al