[ltp] T40p, external monitor, DDC

Austin Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:35:28 -0400 (EDT)

Take a look at this option for the radeon driver:

       Option "IgnoreEDID" "boolean"
              Do  not  use EDID data for mode validation, but DDC
              is still used for monitor detection. This  is  dif
              ferent from NoDDC option.
              The default value is off.

(from radeon man page)

I was working on configuring the 865G driver yesterday and saw a similar
option for ignoring "DisplayInfo".  It didn't solve my problem, but it
cleaned up the log file a bit.

Austin