[ltp] hooking up an ipod

Rei Shinozuka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:08:29 -0400

i have a ibm t23 (with firewire) running fc2.
i have a mini ipod.

can they make music together?

i googled linux and ipod and there's a bunch of information but several
competing methods, some of which involve using HFS+ on linux, or reformatting
the disk in the ipod to FAT and so on, some of which looks pretty old,
and others which warn you that the ipod gets stuck and how to reformat it
when it does.  scary.

has there emerged by now--the summer of 2004--a consensus on the best
way to make the linux machine one's host for the ipod?

i do have 2 osx machines in the house, but one is my wife's and one
is my kids and they won't give me a login.

thanks,

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com