[ltp] ibm-acpi-0.2

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:55:54 +0200

Hi,

great, but it just confuses me about some things...
How does this integrate with the existing ACPI framework (i mean the
general kernel acpi driver, proc and sysfs interfaces and acpid)? I
always thought that the way to get the Fn combinations for ACPI work
properly would be to somehow trigger them (i.e. via tpb) and write the
according strings to /sysfs/power/state or /proc/acpi/sleep?

> This is the second alpha release of my ACPI driver for IBM ThinkPad
> laptops. The features currently supported are:
>
> 	- Fn key combinations
> 	- Bluetooth enable and disable

Are there plans to integrate this with tpb somehow? Does this make
sense? (To me it would, because having the key triggering in userspace
enables one to choose the way the user feedback is done.) Or am i
getting something completely wrong here?

> 	- limited docking and undocking

This is great, but raises a similar question...is this going to be the
thing that triggers hotplug or does it not need hotplug at all? Because
also i thought that docking/undocking in generell was planned to be done
via hotplug?

Thanks for your work,
André.