[ltp] Sound works until the ThinkPad sleeps for the first time

Brian Kendig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:00:55 -0400

When I boot my ThinkPad 600x, sound works fine - *until* I put it to
sleep and wake it, after which sound will never work again until I
reboot.  (I get no errors, but I get no sound either.)  I'm using the
ALSA drivers in the 2.6 kernel.

I've seen reports that this problem is due to a feature in the 600x
whereby it turns off power to the PCI bus if it senses no devices are
using it, and ALSA isn't compatible with this.  I tried booting under
DOS and running "ps2 pcibusp disable" then rebooting into Linux, but
the problem persists.

Is anybody here using a ThinkPad 600x?  Are you able to continue
hearing sound after you wake it from sleep?

   - B