[ltp] Re: IBM R40 2722-GDG DynamicClocks

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:54:16 -0400

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:40:34 +0200, Florian Knobloch <flokno@gmx.net> wrote:
> hello alex!
>
> > I changed the name when I applied the patch to make it more readily
> > reflect what it does: dyncamically scale the clocks.  unfortunately it
> > doesn't yet support the other aspects of powerplay.
>
> is there any chance that the other aspects will be considered?
> i mean are there specs released from ati?

Ati actually wrote most of the code.  The databooks I have don't have
much on the powerplay stuff.  ati may be willing to provide docs or
code, unfortunately, much of it may rely on kernel based power
management, and since the current driver is userspace, it' can't be
supported ATM.  this may change with the whole big graphics on linux
re-work thats starting to happen.

Alex