[ltp] Re: T23 / ibm-acpi

Steffen Schwientek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:42:48 +0000

Stephan Holl wrote:

> Hello Steffen,
>
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:31:09 +0000 Steffen Schwientek
> <schwientek@web.de> wrote:
>

>> I tried it on my T22, without damaging my thinkpad.
>>
>> I can access now Fn-3, Fn-4 and Fn-12.
>> I have an working S1 sleepstate, an somewhat buggy S3 Sleepstate
>> (sound doesn?t works after resume) and an non working S4 sleepstate
>> (system hibernate to swap, but if I want to resume, the system is just
>> booting normally)
>
> did you give resume=/dev/hda<swap> to your kernel command line?! When Ic
> forgot this, my TP will boot as normal, only the swap is deactivated,
> because the former RAM is lying in it...

Yep, I forgot that...
Like the sleep-state, I?ll need to kill all sound-related application,
unload the sound-modules, and hibernating then.
Any idea to automate this in the acpid-hibernate script? Just unload the
modules doesn?t work.

And, additionally, I need to reload the speedstep-modules (this is not
necessary on the S3 state)

Steffen