[ltp] thinkpads with rage128 M3/M4 chips in them

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:57:12 -0400

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:00:45 -0400, Bill Hudacek <hudacek@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I have a T30 that has the Mobility Radeon, which does not sound like what
> you're looking for, but I also have Linux (Mandrake 9.1) on an a21p.
>
> Here's a bit of XFree86.0.log.  I'll send the entire file if you like -
> just ask.  This laptop has a gorgeous 16x12 display, dual-head supporting
> different resolutions would be very very useful :-)
>
> (--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x rev 2, Mem
> @ 0xf8000000/26, 0xf0200000/14, I/O @ 0x2000/8
>  .
>  .

Yup.  looks like the A2xp and some m models have the r128.  Once you
go dualhead, you can't go back!  r128 dualhead is almost identical to
radeon.  it shouldn't take too much work to get it going, I just need
to an r128 based laptop.

Alex