[ltp] ibm-acpi-0.3

Loic Minier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:33:19 +0200

André Wyrwa <a.wyrwa@gmx.de> - Thu, Aug 19, 2004:

> BTW: Does anyone know the proper procedure to grant X access to root
> when using GDM? I tried shuffling with xauth for some time, but i got
> confused about it again, since sometimes it worked (shuffling keys
> between the users), sometimes not. Now my solution is to disable X
> access control on startup, but i'd like to know the proper solution.

 This is answered in the XFree FAQ of my Debian package, which is in
 /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.xhtml.gz if you're running Debian.
   This is probably the same version:
  <http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/trunk/debian/local/FAQ.xhtml>

 See "How do I run an X client as root when the X session is run by a
 user?":
  <http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/trunk/debian/local/FAQ.xhtml#xclientasroot>

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>