[ltp] T40 and ALSA, but no multi channel mixing

Roman Joost linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:54:01 +0200

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 07:43:55PM +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 06:53:31PM EST, Roman Joost wrote:
> > I think, this story is really old, but I didn't get managed to it. I'm
> > running Debian unstable on my T40 and can use only one sound output a
> > time (eg. playing mp3s in XMMS but no sound for mozilla).
> >=20
> > So, I was browsing the net and found the solution: asoundrc. I created
> > one, which looks like this:
>=20
> Have you checked the ALSA wiki page? You can find the link on the ALSA do=
cs
> page.
>=20
Yes I did. I found a shitload of docs mixed with user comments, which are
not very helpful, because i don't know wich of the information provides
the way to get this definitly working. Well... the docs in general are
mostly suggesting the way above, but they're also saying (if I'm correct
of course), that it should work to have multichannel output when using
Alsa. But they don't provide information if this won't work.

I'll change that if I can get it working, but unless...

Greetings,
--=20
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de