[ltp] T40 and ALSA, but no multi channel mixing

Roman Joost linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:23:35 +0200

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 09:22:52AM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
>=20
> I'm not really an expert when it comes to sound, but it's my
> understanding that to mix multiple streams you either need a sound
> daemon like esd or a sound chip that supports multiple streams in
> hardware like the SB live! or audigy cards.
Sure, but what the deamons already do, is ALSA also capable off. Thats
why I want to use ALSA instead of the deamons.

Greetings,
--=20
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de