[ltp] ACPI sleep works firts time

Christopher Hubbell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:35:57 -0400

I've finally made some progress with getting my T23 to sleep.  I've
created a /etc/acpi/events/lid.conf which calls a simple shutdown script:

rmmod uhci_hcd
rmmod ehci_hcd
echo "mem" > /sys/power/state
modprobe ehci_hcd
modprobe uhci_hcd

If I run the script manually, all is well.   I close the lid and the
laptop shuts down as I expect.  I can then use the power button to bring
it back from its initial sleep, but from this point on the acpid doesn't
seem to trap events as lid closings no longer send the laptop to sleep.
I can still manually issue the command, but acpid doesn't seem to be
able to after its first run.  I'm using FC2 / 2.6.8-1.521.  Any
sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris