[ltp] Discovering reading/writing processes

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:19:38 +0300

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 06:18:05PM +0200, Loic Minier wrote:
>  You guess my next question is: how do you tune your XFS parameters not
>  to commit too frequently?

This works with ext3:

  mount / -o remount,commit=3D600

The commit interval is in seconds.

I couldn't find the 'commit' argument in the mount manual page, so I
can't say if it is ext3 specific, or common to all journaled file
systems.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
In short, at least give the penguin a fair viewing. If you still don't
like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply know better than you
do.
		-- Linus "what, me arrogant?" Torvalds, on c.o.l.advocacy

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H--