[ltp] T41p + fglrx and APM suspend (still...)

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:23:05 +0100

Hi,

After having used this combination for a week or so I'm fining that its not
relaible. It sems to be that if I suspend for a short while (eg. while I
walk to work) then its fine, but if I leave it suspended overnight it
tends not to to wake up properly. May be just my imagination though :)

If I switch to a text console before waking then I get the text console
back, and I can type things in, but never get a response, if I then switch
to X11 I see the messed up screen, just like with ACPI+fglrx.

I'm removing the ipw2100 and USB modules before I suspend, that seems to
help a little, but not completly. Anyone have any more advice?

Unfortunatly I have to use the fglrx drvier most of the time as I use
OpenGL occasionally and give presentations often and I couldn't get the
external VGA to work relaibly with the free driver.

Though even with the propeitary driver the external VGA seems a bit
twtchy, and doesnt always allow projectors to sync to it :( The Fn+F7 key,
which looks like the internal/external switch on my dell, doesn't seem to
do anything.

- Steve