[ltp] T41 and ndiswrapper: can get IP but no ping

Jeffrey Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:29:08 -0500

Quoting Spiros Psarris <subs@spiroswrites.com>:
> Eben King wrote:
>
> >Have you considered http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/ ?  Works for me
>
> Did you have to recompile the kernel? I tried ipw2100 through Yast
> (which installs version 4.something), but that acts the same way (router
> sees the latop, I get an IP, but can't ping). I tried the latest version
> of ipw2100, but the module won't load (pci_dma_sync_single is missing
> from the kernel, and I had thought I could get this working without
> recompiling the kernel).

I am using a stock SuSE 9.1 kernel with updates, 2.6.5-7.104-default,
on a T41 and the 0.53 driver.  It builds and installs fine.

Have you tried uninstalling the ipw2100 RPM before building and
installing the current driver from source?

Also check your firewall.

HTH,
  Jeffrey