[ltp] ACPI sleep works first time

Christopher Hubbell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:07:01 -0400

Just wanted to follow up and confirm that on my T23 I was able to
eliminate the problem of ACPI sleep (S3) working only the first time.
As suggested by another list subscriber I downloaded the latest kernel
source from kernel.org (2.6.8) and the latest ACPI patch from acpi.org.
Compiled a new kernel, rebooted, and bingo!  The default FC2 2.6.8
kernel definitely didn't work on its own.  Sleep works like a charm now
no matter how many times I do it.  I did a few limited tests using
ibm-acpi and as expected it easily brought to life all of my F-keys, and
worked in perfect harmony with tpb which handles the colume controls and
"thinkpad" button.

Now to dig through the archives and find that fix for alsa going batty
after suspend...  Everything else seems to be great.  Thanks for the
pointers!