[ltp] thinkpad keys in firefox

Shaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:25:12 -0700

Hi Rob,

I've been trying to get my Thinkpad's T30 forward/back keys working in
Firefox, but the xev program is not giving me information that appears
useful when assigning the keysyms.  Is there a preliminary step I need
to take?

KeymapNotify event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    keys:  2   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
           0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0

FocusOut event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x2e00001,
    mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

FocusIn event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x2e00001,
    mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    keys:  2   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
           0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0

This is a page back, followed by a page forward.  Do you know why the
window is null for the page key events?  And where are my keycodes?!

Would appreciate all your help!
Shaw