ACPI S3 works fine on T41p (Was: [ltp] ACPI sleep works first time)

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:56:56 +0200

Christopher Hubbell wrote on 24 Aug 2004 13:07:01 MET:

> Just wanted to follow up and confirm that on my T23 I was able to
> eliminate the problem of ACPI sleep (S3) working only the first time.
> As suggested by another list subscriber I downloaded the latest kernel
> source from kernel.org (2.6.8) and the latest ACPI patch from
> acpi.org.

Same here. Kernel 2.6.8.1

 http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/patch-2.6.8.1.bz2

and patch

 http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/patches/release/2.=
6.8/acpi-20040715-2.6.8.diff.bz2

The S3 suspend mode seems to run perfectly. I do not loose the USB and
ethernet when coming back from suspend anymore.

Basically, I can run several downloads while a mp3 is playing, go to
S3 suspend, come back, everything resume perfectly. Need extensive
tests for a few days to be certain I guess.

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN