[ltp] Replace HD; T41p

David Sudjiman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:09:18 +1000

Hi guys,

I'm thinking to replace my 20 GB HD with the largest available one.

http://www-605.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=-36&storeId=36&langId=036&dualCurrId=89&categoryId=13865529&productId=33023498

(URL may wrap)

However, this one cost me a lot of money (+- 700 AUD) compared to fujitsu
HD (same volume for half the price).

Some of you might recommends to replace IBM-to-IBM stuff, if it is the
solution, what will IBM do with my current HD data and the hidden recovery
partition? can I just use norton ghost and have the the same partition
table?

what about the second option, the fujitsu one? will ti do the same?

BTW,
1. What so special about IBM HD and Fujitsu HD?
2. Does this effect the IBM Active Protection System and HDD Shock
   Absorber

thx
.dave

Proud Debian User