[ltp] Replace HD; T41p

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:24:15 -0400 (EDT)

Oops -- the price quoted by IBM was ALREADY in AUD.  Should have been
clued in by "langId=036" in the URL and "Add to Trolley" on the button,
but noooo...

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Eben King wrote:

> http://directron.com/mp0804h.html
>
> is US$500 less.
>
> It may be cheaper and less hassle to add a second hard drive in place of
> the CD, assuming you won't need both of them at the same time.

> > However, this one cost me a lot of money (+- 700 AUD) compared to fujitsu
> > HD (same volume for half the price).
>
> Using an exchange rate of 1 AUD = 0.7064 USD
> (http://www.rba.gov.au/Statistics/exchange_rates.html), I calculate
> ~AUD990.

CANCER:  The position of Jupiter says that you should spend the
rest of the week face down in the mud.  Try not to shove a roll of
duct tape up your nose when taking your driver's test.  -- Weird Al