[ltp] Re: Re: ACPI S3 works fine on T41 (not p)

Alexander Gran linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:50:11 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 26. August 2004 22:01 schrieb Volker Braun:
> Afaik _REV is the acpi version, and must be defined by every aml
> interpreter. Nothing special here.

Yes. I meant the LNUX.

> Concerning your state=2 vs. 3 suggestion, I read some of the recent lkml
> posts. Yet another weirdness brought to you by the acpi commitee :-) But

;-)

> converting the 2->3 does not help either (in suspend_device()
> instead of device_suspend(), kernel 2.6.8.1). Suspend/Resume still works
> fine, but power consumption is also unchanged.

Hmm. Ok. It shouldn't acording to the specs. well.. ;)

> The ultrabay is probably also a red herring. The led is on during
> windows suspend-to-ram. Moreover, even if I remove the ultrabay device,
> power usage stays at the usual 5W in S3/Linux.

On my T40p it's off in Windows. strage.

> I also tried to convert the state=2 to state=4, which is D3cold as far as

should yes. D3Cold is basically complete power off

> I understand it. Suspend/Resume still works somewhat, I
> loose access to the ultrabay on resume. Does not improve the power
> usage.

I think it's just that some devices aren't suspended.

regards
Alex

--
Encrypted Mails welcome.