[ltp] ATI Linux driver petition

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:33:11 -0400

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:21:38 -0500, Andrew Gaffney
<agaffney@skylineaero.com> wrote:
> Dax Kelson wrote:
> > FYI, a petition to ATI to treat Linux as a first class OS.
> >
> > http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/
> >
> > Up a few days, and already 10K signatures.
>
> Doesn't ATI already provide full hardware specs to the opensource community for
> all their products? I think this is much better than buggy binary drivers like
> Nvidia puts out.

to a certain extent yes.  they provide full specs for all the old
chips and radeons up to through r200 (only the fixed 3d pipeline, not
the programmable stuff).  r300 is 2d only.  Their developers are also
very helpful to open source developers.

Alex