[ltp] Re: How to replace HD Was: Replace HD; T41p

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:07:07 +1000

On 30 Aug 2004, Ingvarr Zhmakin wrote:
> Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
>>> So, now I know that _the_expensive_ IBM notebook HD is acctually the same
>>> quality with another HD. I just had that info from the computer store too.
>>> What a surprise.
>> The same quality; warranty support may vary. :)
> I'm sure that warranty support is not a solution for HDD.
> It is either "alive until backup" or "there are worse problems than
> warranty". :-)

Ah, no. The backup is for your own data, the warranty is for the
hardware itself.  The IBM warranty would not have saved my data had I
lost it when I got bad blocks -- but it certainly did replace the faulty
hardware with nice new kit, for nothing, without my having to work hard
at it.

   Daniel
--
Using English spelling rules, 'fish' could be spelled 'ghoti' --
'gh' as in 'cough', 'o' as in 'women', and 'ti' as in 'station'.