[ltp] connecting an internal SCSI drive?

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:54:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Eben King wrote:
> > Which is easier to do depends on which is easier to get.  The PCMCIA
> > method will give faster throughput most likely.
>
> 	I dunno, the (Adaptec) PCMCIA SCSI card I have seemed mainly
> intended to drive a scanner.  I don't think it let you connect all 7
> devices (though I forget if it was actually limited to just 1) and I think
> it was only 16-bit, even though Cardbus had been out for a while.

I think even a slow locally-connected drive would be faster than one
connected by a network.

> P.S. I haven't tried the SCSI card with any remotely modern Linux distros.

Also, PCMCIA SCSI cards may have improved since you bought yours.

                Logic is a systematic method of coming to
                  the wrong conclusion with confidence.