[ltp] strange behaiour on r50p

Winsley von Spee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:30:13 +0100

Hi,

yesterday I had some strange things on my r50p.I played a round
freecraft in battery mode, cause of software Rendering my cpu and Fan
speeds up as normal. Then I stopped playing an tried to suspend my r50p
to the ram. The kernel stopped the processes as normal and then the
screen went black for a second and then the x server appears again.
Also the fan doesn't went down although the cpu temp was about 34C after
a while.
I rebootet the laptop and all works fine.

Could it be that the bios prevents to suspend when it thinks it has to
cool something? Does anyone know about this strange behaviour?

I am using a 2.6.9 Kernel with acpi and ibm_acpi.

Greetings

Winsley v. Spee