[ltp] thinkpad keys in mozilla: backward/forward page

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:59:20 -0500

On Thursday 02 December 2004 15:09, after a long battle with technology,
Niels Stargardt wrote:

Please don't top-post.  Message rearranged for easier reading
comprehension.
> "Raphael M. Grochtmann" <raphael.grochtmann@macd.com> wrote:
> > just activated the BackwardPage and ForwardPage keys on my TP51
> > under mozilla using the info from the posting

> > http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2004-Aug
> >ust/019188.html
> >
> > Actually I had the same problem with the backward key launching the
> > 'Find in this page' dialog.
> >
> > I resolved it by commenting out the following definition:
> >
> >      <!-- Specific keybinding for Sun keyboard -->
> >      <!--
> >      <key keycode="&findOnCmd.commandkey2;"
> > command="Browser:Find"/> -->
> >
> > Strange enough when I press the Backward key elsewhere in mozilla
> > (e.g. when composing this email) it will still open this "find ..."
> > dialog.

> this sounds interesting. But I think it would be much nicer if I
> could get an Alt+Left-Event for the keycode 235. Does anybody know if
> this [is] possible? I made some tries with xmodmap but it doesn't work

xmodmap maps single keysyms to single keysyms (or single button presses
to single button presses.)  It cannot map a single keysym to multiple
keysyms.  This is a basic X toolkit feature/bug and it's not going to
be changed.

Put the following Message-ID into
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search :
slrnb6nldq.bd4.danceswithcrows@samantha.crow202.dyndns.org

...and read the thread that's a part of for one solution.  I've written
extensively about xbindkeys and xmacroplay on comp.os.linux.x, so try
those keywords out on groups.google as well.

--
   "Which you then convert to gold, non-perishable food, firearms, good
   liquor & a secluded hideaway in the last of the internet official