[ltp] IBM to sell its PC business

Winsley von Spee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:45:43 +0100

Am Freitag, den 03.12.2004, 08:30 -0800 schrieb Michelle Klein-Hass:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 07:48 am, T. Ivarsson wrote:
> >  ...including laptops?
> >
> > http://slashdot.org/articles/04/12/03/1328204.shtml?tid=136&tid=137
>
> This sucks. It's not a hoax, it's all too real.
>
> Remember the i-series ThinkPads? The ones that Acer designed and built and IBM
> just slapped a badge on? That's where the line is headed. Nobody else is
> going to care about the ThinkPad legacy like IBM does.
>
> Dammit, Sam Palmisano!!! Who dealt you the crack you were smoking when you
> made this decision? Darl McBride??? OMG you killed the ThinkPad! You
> bastard!!!
>
> (Sorry, I'm a ThinkPad fangirl and this is really emotionally troubling news.)
>
> An upset Michelle.
> --
> Michelle Klein-Hass
> Box 2273, Van Nuys, CA 91404-2273
> Brought to you by Linux, KDE and KMail...try it, you'll like it!

That would be to bad. The problem is, that IBM's job is too make money
and in these day you can not do big money with good products. Quality is
expensive and the People want something cheap perhaps just because it's
cheap. Here in Germany there is an electronic discounter wich claims
"costiveness is horny". That is too bad.

Greetz