[ltp] HDD tickers

Nathaniel Robert Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:03:19 -0500 (EST)

I too had a hdd replaced, in my T41. My current drive will make a tick
noise about once a second or so when what I think it does is spin up. So
far, I have not had any hard drive problems. What happened with my first
drive was windows boot times began to take forever, except when I did
weird things with some pre-loading cleaner or something. (It was a program
m$ no longer provides, but you hear about it helping fix boot speed, and
can download it from various places). I'm afraid beyond boot times, I
don't remember if the failed drive made any weird noises.

-Nate