[ltp] Linux Thinkpad List Acquires Thinkpad business from IBM for non-profit, high quality, Linux Laptop business.

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Dec 2004 08:23:39 +1100

--------------030209060802050004090205

:-)

--
Dr. D. Sen
School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications

--------------030209060802050004090205

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
:-)<br>
Peter Stuge wrote:
    <pre wrap="">Sorry for "costiveness is horny" ;). In German it's "Geiz is Geil" you
can translate ist with cheap is good but it sound much more kitchy
(excuse again when kitchy is wrong at this place again).
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
"The cheaper the better" perhaps?

    <pre wrap="">dissapoint me). My only comfort is, that for me there's still a long
time until I'll run out of thinkpad models (considering that, as a
student, you can usually not afford them until they are at least ~5
years old. So there's still years to come until models like the X30 or
even X40 reach "my world" ;)
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Here in Sweden university students (at least with one of the major
technical universities) get a really good deal on the X40, 10000 SEK
which is like 1200 EUR, possibly a little more.

        <pre wrap="">You can even turn the tp light on and off from the console thats a
very cool feature ;).
        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">You can? How's that work?
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hardware: Fn-PgUp, at least on an A22p.
Software: dunno.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Software: ibm-acpi
cat /proc/acpi/ibm/light
echo on &gt; /proc/acpi/ibm/light
echo off &gt; /proc/acpi/ibm/light

 ..heh, just stumbled on a bug in ibm-acpi I guess. Both echo and cat
are hanging the shell. Oh well, I "almost-suspended" earlier, that's
probably why. But it works on a clean boot.

//Peter
  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Dr. D. Sen
School of Electrical Engineering &amp; Telecommunications