[ltp] IBM to sell its PC business

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:32:02 +0100

On Fr, 2004-12-03 at 17:55 -0500, piranha@suspicious.org wrote:
> typo....meant trackpoint device..
>
> it sux and i still hate it.
>
> i like the mouse.
>
> i have large hands and the device is quite diff to use where it is.
>
> some of us have larger body parts thats are not accomodated by
> daintiness at times.

And so what's the point? Unless you suggest that IBM should have
integrated a mouse complete with mousepad into the notebook. ;-)

To my experience, a TrackPoint is a thing you have to get used to.
It is not a good thing for a graphics artist or anyone else who depends
on precision pointing or rather movements.

However, the big advantage of it is that you can point without taking
your fingers from their 10 finger typing base positions. And IBM
TrackPoints are indeed the best i've ever tried.

André.