[ltp] IBM T42 DRI Suspend Problem

Emmanuel SCHRODER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:35:55 +0100

Hello all,

I'm running kernel 2.6.9 on a IBM T42 with Ubuntu linux. My video card
is a radeon 9600 using Ubuntu's Radeon FGLRX driver. My XFree86 version
seems to be :4.3.0.1 / 15 August 2003 (So old???!)

I'm trying to get my suspend2ram work. So far I'm able to suspend very
quickly but I resume my screen is all messed up.
Through my test I found the problem : When I disable DRI extension it
works properly.

Unfortunately without DRI and thus no hardware acceleration my X is very
slow. I'd like to get this DRI driver properly working.

According to DRI website the knew there was a problem with SuspendResume
and DRI drivers, the latest version should be fixed - btw, I could not
find a date so I don't know if this bug is out of date or recent.

So I thought I had to upgrade DRI, I downloaded the DRI debian package
which are:

drm-trunk-module-src_2004.11.23-1_all.deb
xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk_2004.11.23-1_i386.deb
xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk_2004.11.23-1_i386.deb

I did a dpkg -i on each of them. I tried to restart X, which gave me an
error message telling me that my driver FGLRX does not exist. It seems
that I removed/broken it my installation the DRI package.

Is there any out there able to help me?

Emmanuel