[ltp] IBM to sell its PC business

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 13:29:18 +0100

On Friday 03 December 2004 20:15, Winsley von Spee wrote:
[Geiz ist geil]
> But that's the point they are making a very big marketing campaign
> and it seems to be working. Every time i see this advertising i
> shiver with this. And every time someone asks about the price of my
> thinkpad they are smiling at me and tell me then that they saw an
> Acer notebook with an 2.4 Ghz Processor and its either a Celeron or a
> Pentium 4. That's very disappointing. But there a lot more things
> working like this.

Anyone who had worked with a ThinkPad knows that the high value
justifies the high price. I always say to them: I'll forget how much
money I paid within six month but I wouldn't forget the poor quality if
I had to work on a cheapo laptop every day.

And those buying just because it's sooooo cheap do not deserve value
products.

Regards,
Matthias

--
There is still the danger of EU software patents!

http://swpat.ffii.org/