[ltp] xorg.conf file for T42p?

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 01:38:09 +0100

> most modern GPUs have two display controllers but only one drawing
> engine.  They way xfree86/xorg handles multiple head chips is to load
> the driver twice, once for each head.  then in the code are multiple
> paths, one to handle each head.  each display controller can run at
> its own mode and refresh.
>
> Alex

Hei Alex,

while we are talking about xorg loading radeon driver twice again...do
you by chance have a hint about my completely crashing system when i try
to use the internal together with a pci radeon? My guess is that xorg
messes something up while pci scanning or so... is something known about
that?

In detail:
With primary display set to AGP in the BIOS i can only make the agp
radeon work (even a singlehead pci layout would crash).
With primary display set to PCI in the BIOS i can get the PCI radeon
work as singlehead, but as well not both PCI and AGP together.

The symptom is a completely hangup system (not only X), even the xlogs
are not finished to be written, so they don't give any reasonable clues.

André.