[ltp] T42 wireless (ndiswrapper)

Jason linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:49:23 -0800

Hi there,

	Did you check the output of dmesg after doing "modprobe ndiswrapper"?
That might give additional useful information.

	Are you sure that you are using the correct driver for the wireless
card in your laptop? I'm not sure what the T42 uses (it might even have
multiple options for the wireless card, when you order?)

	If it's the Intel Centrino wireless, you might also check out the
ipw2100 project, which is a native driver, removing the dependency on
additional Windows drivers.

Jason