[ltp] ibm-acpi

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Dec 2004 22:58:29 -0700

Winsley von Spee wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 04.12.2004, 22:03 +0100 schrieb Meike Reichle:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I checked, acpid is running. What should I look for in /lib/modules?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Meike
>

> cd /lib/modules/2.x.x <- your kernel
> find -name ibm_acpi

or you could try:

find / -name ibm_acpi

Plus you have to tell find where to start, so if you want to check in
the current directory and any sub-directories the command is:

find . -name ibm_acpi

> There should be an ibm_acpi.ko file. That is the ibm_module.If he finds
> nothing than the module is missing.
> Try to build it from source the debian packages worked not for me ...

Yep, there should be and the ibm_acpi 'stuff' should be built in with
any of the 2.6.9 kernels above a certain number.  I know that FC3 should
have ibm_acpi built in, but it still did not work with my A22p.

--
James McKenzie
Bought to you by FC3 and Thunderbird Mail