[ltp] Please help with T40 and 2.6.8 on Debian

Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:50:56 (CEST)

Dear newfound friends,
I am losing my last hair and the corresponding libido on having my
 beloved T40 (2373-92x 1.6 Pentium M with Atheros wifi) behave on a 2.6.8
 kernel with the Debian distro.

I have found many, conflicting recipes, most of which seem outdated
 (T40 is not new anymore) and tried following some but still stuck on some
 issues.

Maybe someone so kind to share .config and/or instructions ?

Here are the problems I'd like to solve initially:

1) Proper power off when issuing "shutdown -h 0". I currently have a
 Power Down last message on the console after disabling APIC in the
 kernel options. Before the console blanked but the CPU fan kept on

2) None of the Fn-F3, Fn-F4 buttons seem to produce any action

Thank you very much in advance,
Robert Alexander