[ltp] wireless config problem (TP40 SuSE 9.2 ipw2100)

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:43:56 -0800

At 10:14 AM 12/5/2004, Eben King wrote:

>On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Tim Prince wrote:
>
> > I've got to the point where it boots up with encryption enabled, attaches
> > to my access point, and gets a DHCP assignment.  That was a
> > struggle.  Still, no apparent connection to internet.  Could it be a
> router
> > firewall setting?
>
>If you can ping hosts on your LAN but not beyond, I'd suspect your default
>gateway is wrong.  It should be set to the IP address of your router.

I can ping the default gateway (as reported when in Windows) by IP, so I
added that IP to the wireless card configuration in YaST, but I still don't
get beyond the (Windows) machine which is directly attached to the
router.  /etc/resolv.conf is left empty.

Thanks for help so far.

Tim Prince