[ltp] Processor architecture change causes kernel panic

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:59:21 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Niel Lambrechts wrote:

> > > To me it seems that mkinitrd includes the reiserfs module from the
> > > _old_ i686 kernel in the initrd image. How would I change
> > initrd and
> > > reiserfs to work with the new kernel architecture?
> >
> > did you recompile your modules as well?
>
> I did:
> make
> make modules_install
> mkinitrd -s 1024x768 -k "bzImage.2.6.8-24.5-default" -i "initrd"
>
> Afaik, on 2.6 you don't have to do make modules any more?

If that's true, that would allow me to remove a step from my "recompile
kernel" script.

BTW, I've never used an initrd; I just make sure all I need before /usr is
mounted is not modularized.

   Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who
   would keep all wine out of the country lest men should be drunk.
                                                 -- Oliver Cromwell