[ltp] IBM to sell its PC business

ash linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:00:21 +1100

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 18:50 -0500, James Knott wrote:

> A few years ago, I was running Linux on a similar model, the 760ED.
> Worked OK, but I'd imagine it's not fast enough for current distros.

Not to bash on about it or anything, but.... ;)

I had an old 770Z for a while that quite happily ran Redhat 9. Sure, it
wasn't a ball of fire (or as old as your machine), but it got the job
done. I wonder whether something like Damn Small Linux
(http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/) would be suitable for a machine of that
vintage? (and just to bring it back on topic...) If (sorry, when) IBM
ditch the TP range, we'll have to keep alive as much of the old hardware
as possible!

--
ash <ash@kgbspy.org>