[ltp] wireless config problem (TP40 SuSE 9.2 ipw2100)

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:01:47 -0500

Tim,
Are you reading any of my posts?
If /etc/resolv.conf is empty, you won't be able to access the Internet
except by IP address.
Try this:
ping yahoo.com
ping 216.109.112.135

If the first one fails, and the second one works, your gateway address
is fine and you just need to add your DNS to the /etc/resolv.conf

If they both fail, your GW address could be wrong.

-m