[ltp] IBM to sell its PC business

Don Perley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 05:53:04 -0500

Don't moan and groan too much about how quality doesn't sell in this
case.. Isn't Thinkpad the market leader?

Of course they aren't just selling the laptop business, but PC's overall.

As one of my co-workers pointed out years ago.. there were more IBM
manufactured parts in a Mac than in an IBM brand PC.  Macs are still
using IBM processors, though the RAM and hard drive business have
already been sold off.