[ltp] numeric keypad

Frank Dekervel|Smartlounge| linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:28:07 +0100

On Monday 06 December 2004 19:54, Frank Dekervel|Smartlounge| wrote:
> > > It seems to work under linux, but when i turn on its numlock, it also
> > > changes the numlock state of the pc.
> > >
> > > Without separate numlock state, the 2ey*ad 5s *retty 4se3ess...
> >
> > Looks like NumLck is on now.
>
> yup, indeed. when i enable num lock on the wireless keypad, the host
> numlock goes on. in windows , numlock of the keypad and numlock of the host
> are separated.
> in linux with the 'working' keypad, the same happens.. but not here

i think it is stuck in some win98 compatibility mode or something ... it sends
Num_Lock when i hit numlock on the device, (clearly it doesn't when in
windows). I can switch on the numlock of the device while it is disconnected,
and then connect it, and then the following commands make it work somehow:

xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Down = 2'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Up = 8'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Left = 4'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Right = 6'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Next = 3'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Prior = 9'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_End = 1'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Home = 7'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Begin = 5'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Insert = 0'
xmodmap -e 'keysym KP_Delete = period'

it seems to remember its state even when powered off, so thats a workable
solution. But the device was crap anyway, too small keys, the plastic cover
of the transmitter dropped of (exposing the IC's on it). I'm going to return
it..

greetings,
frank

--