[ltp] D-Link DWL-G650 on Debain testing (2.6.8)

Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:08:42 +0100

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 23:03:48 +0100, Meike Reichle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am thinking about getting a PCMCIA wireless card and a friend offered
> me a D-Link DWL-G650 Revision B. I searched the net but there are about
> as many absolutely desperate "I just dont get it to work" posts as there
> are posts claiming everything went just fine.
>
> So, does anyone of you have any experiences with that Model? (My
> configuration: An X20, running Debian testing with a 2.6.8 Kernel)

My G650 uses an Atheros chip and works with the madwifi driver.
However, it doesn't work very well and sometimes causes the machine to
freeze (this also occured on other notebooks and also in Windows). So
maybe my hardware is broken, but I replaced it by a Netgear WAG511
(which is Atheros based, too) and my impression is that this card is
much better regarding transfer performance and also in dealing with
weak signals.

Regards,
Tino