[ltp] display problems with fglrx

Didrik Pinte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:53:25 +0100

--=-izAvm9SbOI5I7kJ5N+OL

Le mardi 07 d=E9cembre 2004 =E0 13:45 +0000, pub@wigginghaus.de a =E9crit=20
>=20
> That's really strange because if use the radeon driver once the fan begin=
s it=20
> never ever stops. From your posts I know that we have similar configurati=
ons.=20
> This really puzzles me but obviously you know what you're doing, having a=
 low=20
> noise, ACPI enabled R50 working...

I'm not using ACPI. My fan does stop using the radeon driver. It is true
that you will not ear the fan for just some seconds. When it starts, it
runs minimum 5 minutes. But it does stop !

The behaviour is very different than what we had with the 2.6.6 kernel.
I don't know really what has changed (X modules, speedstepping, etc.)
but it has changed.

So my config is now : 2.6.9 (compiled by myself but it's the official
Sid package + MPPE), APM, Speedstepping and radeon module

Didrik

PS : I also switch back to the radeon module because fglrx wasn't stable
enough when suspending my laptop.

--=-izAvm9SbOI5I7kJ5N+OL

--=-izAvm9SbOI5I7kJ5N+OL--