[ltp] Copying Files

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:18:19 -0500

--------------060503050803000302000601

Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:

>Quoting SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net>:
>[snip]
>

>>Does anyone have any idea of which tools may prove useful in recovering MS
>>word and excel files from a fat32 partition.
>>
>>Lets explain the system a bit.
>>hda1  10GB         Primary NTFS  Windows XP System with NO Data
>>hda2                    Extended
>>

>This last line seems odd to me.  Usually the extended partition is
>hda4.  This may be why Linux gags on it.  IF you have a copy of the
>disk to play with, see if you can change it to hda4.
>
>HTH,
>  Jeffrey

This may be way out of line here but:
On more than one occasion I have had  fc2 change my hard drive from LBA to
something else and windows was hosed.
This is a known bug in fc2.
It's very simple to check, just boot up into your bios and make certain
that the drive
says LBA.
If not, change it to LBA

--------------060503050803000302000601

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20041207153548.GA29114@maelstorm.bearhouse.lan">
  <pre wrap="">Quoting SOTL <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:sotl155360@earthlink.net">&lt;sotl155360@earthlink.net&gt;</a>:
[snip]
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Does anyone have any idea of which tools may prove useful in recovering MS
word and excel files from a fat32 partition.

Lets explain the system a bit.
hda1  10GB         Primary NTFS  Windows XP System with NO Data
hda2                    Extended
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
This last line seems odd to me.  Usually the extended partition is
hda4.  This may be why Linux gags on it.  IF you have a copy of the
disk to play with, see if you can change it to hda4.

HTH,
  Jeffrey</pre>
This may be way out of line here but:<br>
On more than one occasion I have had&nbsp; fc2 change my hard drive from LBA
to <br>
something else and windows was hosed.<br>
This is a known bug in fc2.<br>
It's very simple to check, just boot up into your bios and make certain
that the drive <br>
says LBA.<br>
If not, change it to LBA<br>