[ltp] Copying Files

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:04:55 +0100

--nextPart1102439684.HssLemq8Z1

Am Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2004 16:35 schrieb Jeffrey L. Taylor=20
jeff.taylor-at-ieee.org |Linux-Thinkpad|:
> Quoting SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net>:
> [snip]
>
> > Does anyone have any idea of which tools may prove useful in recovering
> > MS word and excel files from a fat32 partition.
> >
> > Lets explain the system a bit.
> > hda1  10GB         Primary NTFS  Windows XP System with NO Data
> > hda2                    Extended
>
> This last line seems odd to me.  Usually the extended partition is
> hda4.  This may be why Linux gags on it.  IF you have a copy of the
> disk to play with, see if you can change it to hda4.
This is by convention, not by any technical necessity. I had a primary=20
partition as hda4 on several systems and neither Windoze nor Linux had any=
=20
problems with that.
HTH,
	Matthias
=2D-=20
"Caution. Blade is sharp. Keep out of children"
	Found on a small utility knife in MIT's lab supply